Thursday, August 9, 2007

What is it about Giada?

As the goal of my blog is for me to somehow meet Giada de Laurentiis, I thought I would talk about what it is I find fascinating about her compared to the other food network stars. It's not her cleavage. It is mighty impressive, but if that was what I cared about, I'd be into Sandra Lee as well. It's not just that I love Italian food. And it's not just that she shares stories about her recipes and makes it seem like the viewer is in the kitchen with her. What I truly love is that she loves her food. The only other chef on the food network who you ever see eat her own cooking is Rachael Ray, but she doesn't appeal as much too me as much as Giada. Giada truly loves her food. When she takes a bite of whatever it she has cooked, she closes her eyes as if to shut out the rest of the world and concentrate on the food. You can see it in her face when she eats how much she loves the food.

Everyday Italian actually has two stars, Giada and the food itself. This show is so well produced. You can hear everything that is going on. Every crack, crunch and squish is audible. This is just another element that makes the viewer feel like he is in the kitchen. Giada makes cooking a labor of love, without the labor. When you watch, you really get the feeling that Giada is enjoying every moment of preparing food.

I urge you to check out Everyday Italian. You may not love Giada as much as I do, but I think you'll enjoy the show.

No comments: