Friday, September 21, 2007

Super Model

Yes, ANTM is back. The premier episode began with 33 girls and by the end, the final 13 were selected to be this cycle's competitors. This show was much like every cycle's first episode. However, this time they started out on the Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. Miss Jay had them do a runway walk competition, the girls had one on three interviews with Tyra, Miss J and Jay. So, there is nothing to really discuss as far as what actually happened on the show.

This does not mean there is nothing to discuss though. First of all, I don't get why all the girls start crying when Tyra shows up. I've been watching this show for several cycles now. I know Tyra will be there. These girls must know Tyra is going to be there. So why are they so shocked? Oh that's right, the script tells them to act that way. This time, Tyra's entrance was on stage as a showgirl, feathered headdress and all. She did a breathy talking-singing number about searching for America's Next Top Model. Very hokey. But, she looks great.

The names this season are insane. Among the girls are Saleisha, Spontaniouse, Ebony, Ambreal and Marvita. They didn't all make it into the final 13 though. Spontaniouse and Marvita are not in the 13.

During the deliberations, when the Jays and Tyra are discussing the pluses and minuses of each girl, in reference to one girl Tyra says, "every now and then you get a clunky walker and it works." The screen then showed a photo of a current top model who is apparently a clunky walker. I didn't recognize the name, so I can't say who it was.

Tyra was not the only person with some good lines during this show. Let's review some of the best quotes.

Ebony: Let's play a game and see who has an eating disorder.

Marvita (in reference to Ebony): I don't want to fight her, I just want to slap the hell out of her.

Mila: I know stuff. I read books.

Ebony: Girls just don't like me. (With that statement, she assured herself a place in the final 13).

Miss Jay about Ambreal: She's tall but she looks short.

I don't recall who said this one, but: When pretty girls have stanky attitudes it irks me.

I have no doubt there will be lots of drama and fighting this season. Get out your heels, purge, and pull up a seat on the runway. There will be lots to talk about soon.

I am calling Chantal the winner. We will know in 12 weeks.

No comments: